11.7.09

And the Fun Begins...


Ay! Es muy calor! Anna and I are taking a breather from our typical four-hour hiking around the city adventures and chill-laxing before going out tonight to celebrate mi cumpleanos! I really wish ya’ll could be here to help celebrate as birthdays are more cheery with mucho amigos. Okay, so some funny stories for ya’ll…

- So Anna and I went out on our first night in Barcelona and it was quite a trip. We went into the SoHo area of Baca known as El Borne. Totally my scene – tons of tiny bars full of people drinking mucho mojitos and sangria and randomly drunk dancing in doorways – loved it! So we hit up a bar and realized this is going to be difficult- getting a Spanish boy as the language barrier doesn’t help when one wants to use her wit for flirting purposes. Now, with that in mind, guess who was the first guy to hit on me…??? A mute Spaniard! I mean – how hilarious is this? So Anna and I are sitting at the bar (befriending the bartenders is muy importante) and this guy comes up and is pointing at the popcorn (they give everyone popcorn at the bars – Madigans traditions thru-out!) and motinoning that he will catch it in his mouth and then started pointing to my lips – so I’m like, “Okay mime. I can try to catch it in my mouth too.” Well, no – that’s not what he meant. He goes to throw the popcorn and catches it in his mouth and goes in for a kiss. I’m like, “Slow down Cowboy! No sir!” and he keeps doing all of these motions and so his friends started to yell at him from across the bar and he leaves while blowing me a kiss. So I jokingly say to Anna, “Maybe he’s mute.” And sure enough, I look over and there are all of his friends doing sign language with him. Seriously. I can’t make this stuff up.

- I think my favorite boys thus far are the Brits. We have met so many cute ones – That night when we were walking back we made friends with these 2 Brits who gave us some fabulous new slang to use. No longer am I saying “OMG – that’s awesome!” Instead it’s: “That is bloody, fuckin brilliant!” Like it? I, of course, do my horrible British accent with it (they said I sounded like Princess Di – haha). Between them, some Brits we met last night, our flat mates and this hot Brit that lives in the flat above us – I’m kind of in love with the British Boys.

- Okay, non-going out related: Today Anna and I walked to Montjuic. If you come visit me, I promise to take you there! It holds the most absolute beautiful views of the city. It’s in the mountain/cliff area of Barcelona and holds Barcelona’s castle. It looks more like a fort and you can climb all over the roof and take fabulous pictures of the city. You can see where we live as we are next door to Sagrada Familia (Literally) so that is pretty neat. We took some pretty cheesy pictures there as we were inspired by The Sound of Music so I don’t know if these will go on the f-book but we’ll see… Anyways, Montjuic has much more to it – we just took the tram up to the castle and walked around some of the BEAUTIFUL gardens. But there is also the modern museum of art, the Catalunya museum and the site of where the 1992 Olympics were held. We plan to take a day and go hiking all thru out. Absolutely beautiful. Reminds me why it’s okay that I moved a million miles away.

We should be posting our bazillion pictures on facebook shortly so keep looking. If you aren’t on the book, I’ll also set up an account on some picture sharing site for those who are interested! On my way to shower up and get ready for another night on the town. Hasta luego!
Donde Esta Mi Matador…Or Prince William?

PS – Thank you to everyone who has been sending me emails! I love hearing about your lives and what’s going on. I promise to respond to all of ya’ll soon! XoX!

Linds

1 comment: